Oracle has changed its licensing and subscription model for Oracle’s Java. For Java™ 8 or 11+, you will now need to choose one of the following options:
- Stay on an unsupported/insecure version of Java™
- Pay Oracle a subscription fee for Oracle JDK / Java™
- Use a drop-in OpenJDK™ distribution and get free LTS binaries for 5+ years!
The jClarity team co-founded AdoptOpenJDK which is the free ($ and usage) OpenJDK™ distribution replacement for Oracle’s Java backed by major vendors such as Amazon, Azul, GoDaddy, IBM, Microsoft, Pivotal, Red Hat, SAP, and many others.
Benefits of AdoptOpenJDK via jClarity
Your existing Java™ is a mission-critical piece of technology. We don’t charge per JVM or per Host and you will find that our pricing is very competitive and adds real value to your business. By choosing AdoptOpenJDK support with jClarity you benefit from:
- A free drop-in replacement for Oracle Java™ that is supported by the whole ecosystem
- LTS means LTS for 5+ years, not just 6 months support
- Get support directly from real engineers at AdoptOpenJ?DK and OpenJDK
- Keep your OpenJDK™ stable and secure
- Get performance tooling and support for your applications!
- And much more